softmedia
  • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
  • BASEBALL
  • BASKETBALL
  • COLLEGE SPORT
  • FOOTBALL
  • ICE HOCKEY
  • RUGBY
No Result
View All Result
Plugin Install : Cart Icon need WooCommerce plugin to be installed.
  • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
  • BASEBALL
  • BASKETBALL
  • COLLEGE SPORT
  • FOOTBALL
  • ICE HOCKEY
  • RUGBY
No Result
View All Result
softmedia
No Result
View All Result
  • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
  • BASEBALL
  • BASKETBALL
  • COLLEGE SPORT
  • FOOTBALL
  • ICE HOCKEY
  • RUGBY

Luton Boss Edwards Talks On Making Signings Will Be Made Ahead Season Opener

steveloxi by steveloxi
August 8, 2024
in FOOTBALL
0
Home FOOTBALL

Luton boss Rob Edwards is doing his best to strengthen his squad ahead of Monday night’s Championship opener against Burnley during what he labelled as a ‘challenging’ transfer window

The Hatters chief has been able to bring in two new faces so far, former Brentford and Oxford midfielder Shandon Baptiste on a free transfer, along with ex-Arsenal youngster Reuell Walters too. With rumours persisting that forwards John McAtee and Joe Taylor could be leaving the club, either on loan or permanently, in the coming weeks, then it leaves as many as four spaces available in Luton’s 25-man squad should Edwards wish to use them.

He is definitely looking to do so, although whether that will happen in time to face the Clarets, he said: “We’re working on it. I can’t promise anything as I know I’ve said after the last couple of games that we’re hoping to get someone in over the next week or two. It’s difficult, I’m being really well backed by the way, I’m not blaming anyone, we’re really trying hard, but it’s a challenging window at the minute.”

With Town having had their coffers swelled by a season in the Premier League, and now receiving parachute payments following their relegation back to the second tier, asked if he thought that was proving something of a hindrance to Luton’s efforts to bring players in, with other teams upping their prices over potential targets, Edwards continued: “It could be an element of that, because again, we want players to want to come here as well to be part of Luton Town.

“They’re going to be well paid, but it’s not going to be what some might get at other places. We want them to come to be part of what we want to do and help us achieve success as well, so there’s elements from every party involved in any one of these deals. They’ve got to want to come and we will then try and make it happen, but we’re not going to pay millions over the odds for people because we’ve had a year in the Premier League either, so it’s a fine balance.”

Although Luton won’t be splashing out any inflated amounts of money, Edwards was quick to praise Town’s board for the financial support they are giving him to mount another crack at reaching the promised land, adding: “I can’t ask for anything more than what we’re getting at the moment. We’re trying really hard and Gary (Sweet, CEO) and the board are really trying to back us as well, they’re working extremely hard to get things done.

“I know there are deals that are going on out there and we’ve still got a couple in. We’re delighted with Shandon and Reuell, I know they’re maybe lower key ones and they’re not huge fees, but they’re really good players who can help us this season. I think people have got to believe in how we do things this season as our recruitment over a long period of time has been very good and that will continue to be the case.

“I’m sure about that as we’ve got a brilliant team that work very, very hard to make sure they bring in good players for us to look at and improve the group. I just think across the board it is quieter in football at the moment. Maybe that’s because of the Euros and not loads happening in the Premier League right now which makes things filter down a little bit to us. There’ll be loads of reasons, but we are trying hard to do one or two.”

Previous Post

Confirmed: Bristol City Sign 19-Year-Old Chelsea Defender On Season-Long Loan

Next Post

Southampton ‘Reached An Agreement’ For Loan Exit Deal

steveloxi

steveloxi

Related Posts

Halifax re-sign 31-year-old forward from Oldham for a third spell
FOOTBALL

Halifax re-sign 31-year-old forward from Oldham for a third spell

by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
Bristol Rovers boss Steve Evans speaks on the importance of the fans at The Memorial Stadium
FOOTBALL

Bristol Rovers boss Steve Evans speaks on the importance of the fans at The Memorial Stadium

by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
Stunning Southampton breakout midfielder that is changing everything for Tonda Eckert
FOOTBALL

Stunning Southampton breakout midfielder that is changing everything for Tonda Eckert

by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
Southampton set to enter the Championship play-off spots this weekend as Nathan Jones returns to St Mary’s for the first time since his dismal stint in 2022/23
FOOTBALL

Southampton set to enter the Championship play-off spots this weekend as Nathan Jones returns to St Mary’s for the first time since his dismal stint in 2022/23

by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
James Bord update after passing EFL test to seal Sheffield Wednesday takeover
FOOTBALL

James Bord update after passing EFL test to seal Sheffield Wednesday takeover

by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
John Eustace opens up over referee treatment of Derby County star forward
FOOTBALL

John Eustace opens up over referee treatment of Derby County star forward

by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
Southampton interest in signing unique Champions League striker who has been praised by coach Tonda Eckert
FOOTBALL

Southampton interest in signing unique Champions League striker who has been praised by coach Tonda Eckert

by steveloxi
February 19, 2026
Sunderland linked with stunning double transfer swoop for Barca linked defender and Canada international Striker as they eyes summer reinforcements
FOOTBALL

Sunderland linked with stunning double transfer swoop for Barca linked defender and Canada international Striker as they eyes summer reinforcements

by steveloxi
February 19, 2026
Load More
Next Post
Southampton ‘Reached An Agreement’ For Loan Exit Deal

Southampton ‘Reached An Agreement’ For Loan Exit Deal

Discussion about this post

Recent Posts

  • Southampton star eyeing first international call-up in four years for 2026 World Cup
  • Manly Sea Eagles have pulled off a significant retention coup to sign in-demand centre on a new five-year deal at the NRL club
  • Halifax re-sign 31-year-old forward from Oldham for a third spell
  • Bristol Rovers boss Steve Evans speaks on the importance of the fans at The Memorial Stadium
  • Stunning Southampton breakout midfielder that is changing everything for Tonda Eckert

FOOTBALL

Popular Post

    About Us

    SOFTMEDIA

    We hope you enjoy our NEWS, SPORTS, CELEBRITY as much as we enjoy offering them to you.

    I will keep posting more important posts on my Website for all of you. Please give your support and love.

    Category

    • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
    • BASEBALL
    • BASKETBALL
    • COLLEGE SPORT
    • FOOTBALL
    • ICE HOCKEY
    • NEWS
    • RUGBY
    • SPORT
    • Uncategorized

    Softmedia | Copyright © 2022-2024

    No Result
    View All Result
    • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
    • BASEBALL
    • BASKETBALL
    • COLLEGE SPORT
    • FOOTBALL
    • ICE HOCKEY
    • RUGBY

    Softmedia | Copyright © 2022-2024