softmedia
  • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
  • BASEBALL
  • BASKETBALL
  • COLLEGE SPORT
  • FOOTBALL
  • ICE HOCKEY
  • RUGBY
No Result
View All Result
Plugin Install : Cart Icon need WooCommerce plugin to be installed.
  • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
  • BASEBALL
  • BASKETBALL
  • COLLEGE SPORT
  • FOOTBALL
  • ICE HOCKEY
  • RUGBY
No Result
View All Result
softmedia
No Result
View All Result
  • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
  • BASEBALL
  • BASKETBALL
  • COLLEGE SPORT
  • FOOTBALL
  • ICE HOCKEY
  • RUGBY

James Tedesco Slaps Down Call From Matty Johns As Cracks Emerge At Sydney Roosters

steveloxi by steveloxi
September 17, 2024
in RUGBY
0
Home RUGBY

Sandon Smith is expected to retain his halfback spot despite a tough NRL finals initiation against Penrith.

Roosters stars James Tedesco and Luke Keary insist Sandon Smith is the right man for the job amid calls for Joey Manu to be moved into the halves for the do-or-die clash against Manly. Smith had a night to forget in his NRL finals initiation against Penrith in the 30-10 loss on Friday night.

The 21-year-old produced a couple of poor kicks and inexplicably put his foot into touch in the second half, leading NRL pundits such as Matty Johns to suggest several times over the weekend that the Tri Colours might be better served by moving Manu into the halves rather than sticking with Smith. Smith was rushed into the No.7 jersey following Sam Walker’s season-ending ACL injury in the second-last round of the regular season and is viewed by the club as Walker’s long-term halves partner.

The Roosters are expected to stick with Walker for Saturday’s must-win clash against Manly. The Tri Colours will also welcome Jared Waerea-Hargreaves back from suspension for the clash but are still missing several key men.

Chief among them are Walker, hooker Brandon Smith and Victor Radley. The trio’s injuries against Canberra a fortnight ago prompted several critics to write off the Roosters, who have been among the competition favourites all year.

However, Tedesco insists despite all the injuries they have the squad to win the premiership and rejected suggestions that internally they are beginning to doubt themselves after the loss to Penrith and several injuries to key players. “You guys aren’t in our four walls,” Tedesco told reporters on Monday.

“Honestly, I am sick and tired of hearing about it (the Roosters’ injuries) from you guys. It’s all you talk about. Every time I do media, you talk about it. It wasn’t easy on the weekend, but the top four gives us a second chance. It’s a bit of a setback for us on the weekend, but it’s not the end of the trail for sure.”

Luke Keary throws support behind young half Sandon Smith

Keary was also defiant when addressing the media on Monday as he threw his support behind under-fire halfback Smith, insisting he is the right man for the job. “I get it. There is always going to be talk, and we have guys in here who can play different spots,” Keary said.

“But inside the building, the trust in him, we have seen what he can do. He really suits the structure. We have attacked really well this year.

“He gives us a chance to play the style we practised since October last year, with the type of players Sam and I are as smaller ball-playing halves. We didn’t have to blow up the whole system and figure out a different one, which is what we would have to do with a Manu or another fullback.”

Keary also said it wasn’t fair to pin the blame for the loss to Penrith on Smith. “To put the team under pressure with errors, penalties, six agains. You do that against any team in the NRL and you are in trouble,” Keary said.

“You do it against Penrith and it is a death sentence. We can talk about different combinations across the field. But as a team, we need to give these guys that are coming in a chance.”

Previous Post

Birmingham City Boss Sends Savage Message To Wrexham’s A-List Guests

Next Post

Saints Boss Russell Martin Explains Unwanted Sale Of An Initial £5million Deal For Starlet

steveloxi

steveloxi

Related Posts

St George Illawarra Dragons have confirmed their 22-man squad to travel to Las Vegas
RUGBY

St George Illawarra Dragons have confirmed their 22-man squad to travel to Las Vegas

by steveloxi
February 17, 2026
BREAKING NEWS: Castleford Tigers add squad cover with loan signing of a forward
RUGBY

BREAKING NEWS: Castleford Tigers add squad cover with loan signing of a forward

by steveloxi
February 17, 2026
Sky Sports pundit reveals fear Rangers won’t win the title if they don’t do this first
RUGBY

Sky Sports pundit reveals fear Rangers won’t win the title if they don’t do this first

by steveloxi
February 17, 2026
Brisbane Broncos forward Xavier Willison opens up on World Club Challenge in London
RUGBY

Brisbane Broncos forward Xavier Willison opens up on World Club Challenge in London

by steveloxi
February 17, 2026
South Sydney Rabbitohs confirm that young duo would be sidelined for up to eight weeks
RUGBY

South Sydney Rabbitohs confirm that young duo would be sidelined for up to eight weeks

by steveloxi
February 16, 2026
South Sydney Rabbitohs finally sign Brisbane Broncos prop for the for Seasons 2027, 2028 and 2029
RUGBY

South Sydney Rabbitohs finally sign Brisbane Broncos prop for the for Seasons 2027, 2028 and 2029

by steveloxi
February 16, 2026
Titans continue to bolster their future with another young gun signing
RUGBY

Titans continue to bolster their future with another young gun signing

by steveloxi
February 16, 2026
Darren Lockyer reveals his transition from champion player to Broncos friendship fallout
RUGBY

Darren Lockyer reveals his transition from champion player to Broncos friendship fallout

by steveloxi
February 16, 2026
Load More
Next Post
Saints Boss Russell Martin Explains Unwanted Sale Of An Initial £5million Deal For Starlet

Saints Boss Russell Martin Explains Unwanted Sale Of An Initial £5million Deal For Starlet

Discussion about this post

Recent Posts

  • Southampton urged to sign 28-year-old defender
  • 21-year-old singled out as Rangers mentality monster as Everton mentor urges critics to remember one thing
  • St George Illawarra Dragons have confirmed their 22-man squad to travel to Las Vegas
  • BREAKING NEWS: Castleford Tigers add squad cover with loan signing of a forward
  • Sky Sports pundit reveals fear Rangers won’t win the title if they don’t do this first

FOOTBALL

Popular Post

    About Us

    SOFTMEDIA

    We hope you enjoy our NEWS, SPORTS, CELEBRITY as much as we enjoy offering them to you.

    I will keep posting more important posts on my Website for all of you. Please give your support and love.

    Category

    • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
    • BASEBALL
    • BASKETBALL
    • COLLEGE SPORT
    • FOOTBALL
    • ICE HOCKEY
    • NEWS
    • RUGBY
    • SPORT
    • Uncategorized

    Softmedia | Copyright © 2022-2024

    No Result
    View All Result
    • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
    • BASEBALL
    • BASKETBALL
    • COLLEGE SPORT
    • FOOTBALL
    • ICE HOCKEY
    • RUGBY

    Softmedia | Copyright © 2022-2024