softmedia
  • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
  • BASEBALL
  • BASKETBALL
  • COLLEGE SPORT
  • FOOTBALL
  • ICE HOCKEY
  • RUGBY
No Result
View All Result
Plugin Install : Cart Icon need WooCommerce plugin to be installed.
  • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
  • BASEBALL
  • BASKETBALL
  • COLLEGE SPORT
  • FOOTBALL
  • ICE HOCKEY
  • RUGBY
No Result
View All Result
softmedia
No Result
View All Result
  • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
  • BASEBALL
  • BASKETBALL
  • COLLEGE SPORT
  • FOOTBALL
  • ICE HOCKEY
  • RUGBY

Southampton More Likely To Capture Man United Target

steveloxi by steveloxi
August 22, 2024
in FOOTBALL
0
Home FOOTBALL

Premier League newcomers Southampton are confident that they can seal a potential £10 million deal for Feyenoord goalkeeper Justin Bijlow before the weekend after previous interest from Liverpool and Manchester United.

After losing Mats Wieffer and Yankuba Minteh left De Kuip for Brighton and Hove Albion, Feyenoord are now facing up to the prospect of three more key players swapping the Netherlands for England.

Nottingham Forest are in talks to sign Santiago Gimenez. The Mexico international scored 26 goals for the Rotterdam giants last term and, while Forest have seen an initial £21 million bid rejected, talks over a move to the City Ground are ongoing.

Aston Villa, meanwhile, have held discussions with Lutsharel Geertruida’s camp.

HITC can also confirm that goalkeeper Justin Bijlow could become a Southampton player in the next few days.

Southampton move for Feyenoord goalkeeper Justin Bijlow

The Saints have opened talks while lodging an offer of £10 million. Russell Martin’s side are confident that a deal can be completed for Bijlow before they host Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

Southampton began their campaign with a 1-0 reverse at Newcastle United last time out, despite Fabian Schar’s early red card.

Veteran glovesman Alex McCarthy was involved in the mix-up which gifted Joelinton his winner, and the arrival of Bijlow could spell the end of his time as Martin’s first-choice between the sticks.

Bijlow, 26 years of age, has made nearly 150 appearances for his hometown club. He was a major part of Feyenoord’s Eredivisie-winning campaign under Arne Slot in 2022/23.

Interestingly, HITC have learned that Bijlow was under consideration to reunite with Slot at Anfield earlier in the summer. The 6ft 2ins giant had been lined up as a potential replacement for Caoimhin Kelleher but speculation over the Irishman’s future has cooled of late.

Liverpool are also closing in on the potential £30 million signing of Valencia net-minder Giorgi Mamardashvili.

Liverpool and Manchester United looked at Dutch ace

Bijlow, meanwhile, has also been linked with Arsenal. He confirmed talks with Manchester United during the summer of 2023 too.

“There was contact (with United),” Bijlow told FR12 before the Red Devils snapped up Andre Onana from Inter Milan.

“I want to achieve the highest achievable in my career. When that is, we will see for ourselves.”

Bijlow, given the clubs that have considered him in the recent past, may feel like something of a coup then for a Southampton side who still have work to do despite a hectic summer of incomings and outgoings.

Last season’s play-off champions have signed 15 players in total. The most recent, £15 million former Sporting Lisbon midfielder Mateus Fernandes, was unveiled on Tuesday.

As expected given Martin’s famed possession-heavy game-plan, Fernandes is very comfortable with the ball at his feet. The same can be said of Bijlow, having honed his ball-playing talents under Slot and therefore well-suited to Martin’s preference of playing out from the back.

HITC understands that, before settling on Bijlow, Southampton also looked at Crystal Palace’s Sam Johnstone and Jason Steele of Brighton.

Previous Post

Fresh Norwich City Talks For A Loan Move For An Attacking Midfielder From La Liga Champions

Next Post

What £8.5million Norwich City Transfer Target Would Bring To The Club

steveloxi

steveloxi

Related Posts

Swindon Town sends message to departing players after squad update
FOOTBALL

Swindon Town sends message to departing players after squad update

by steveloxi
May 18, 2026
Inside Kieran Trippier’s emotional Newcastle exit as his Coach and team mates speak on his departure
FOOTBALL

Inside Kieran Trippier’s emotional Newcastle exit as his Coach and team mates speak on his departure

by steveloxi
May 16, 2026
Newcastle United boss Eddie Howe Hints at Anthony Gordon’s Exit Amid Bayern Links
FOOTBALL

Newcastle United boss Eddie Howe Hints at Anthony Gordon’s Exit Amid Bayern Links

by steveloxi
May 15, 2026
Portsmouth urged to sign out-of-contract Millwall midfielder to replace Andre Dozzell this summer
FOOTBALL

Portsmouth urged to sign out-of-contract Millwall midfielder to replace Andre Dozzell this summer

by steveloxi
May 15, 2026
Kieran Trippier secret Newcastle United contract clause truth ahead of farewell appearance  
FOOTBALL

Kieran Trippier secret Newcastle United contract clause truth ahead of farewell appearance  

by steveloxi
May 14, 2026
Newcastle United emerges as top contenders to sign £39m Midfield Target from Monaco
FOOTBALL

Newcastle United emerges as top contenders to sign £39m Midfield Target from Monaco

by steveloxi
May 12, 2026
Sporting Director Makes Admission On Southampton On Loan Star
FOOTBALL

Sporting Director Makes Admission On Southampton On Loan Star

by steveloxi
May 12, 2026
South Sydney Rabbitohs halfback is set to leave the club at the end of the year to join Perth Bears
FOOTBALL

South Sydney Rabbitohs halfback is set to leave the club at the end of the year to join Perth Bears

by steveloxi
May 12, 2026
Load More
Next Post
What £8.5million Norwich City Transfer Target Would Bring To The Club

What £8.5million Norwich City Transfer Target Would Bring To The Club

Discussion about this post

Recent Posts

  • Swindon Town sends message to departing players after squad update
  • Salford have signed fullback on a deal until the end of the season
  • Sydney Roosters coach Laurie Daley explains James Tedesco recall and Edwards axing
  • Penrith Panthers star halfback has provided latest update after his father made a call on his own future
  • Sydney Roosters $576,000 veteran winger set to make call on his future in couple of weeks

FOOTBALL

Popular Post

    About Us

    SOFTMEDIA

    We hope you enjoy our NEWS, SPORTS, CELEBRITY as much as we enjoy offering them to you.

    I will keep posting more important posts on my Website for all of you. Please give your support and love.

    Category

    • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
    • BASEBALL
    • BASKETBALL
    • COLLEGE SPORT
    • FOOTBALL
    • ICE HOCKEY
    • NEWS
    • RUGBY
    • SPORT
    • Uncategorized

    Softmedia | Copyright © 2022-2024

    No Result
    View All Result
    • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
    • BASEBALL
    • BASKETBALL
    • COLLEGE SPORT
    • FOOTBALL
    • ICE HOCKEY
    • RUGBY

    Softmedia | Copyright © 2022-2024