softmedia
  • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
  • BASEBALL
  • BASKETBALL
  • COLLEGE SPORT
  • FOOTBALL
  • ICE HOCKEY
  • RUGBY
No Result
View All Result
Plugin Install : Cart Icon need WooCommerce plugin to be installed.
  • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
  • BASEBALL
  • BASKETBALL
  • COLLEGE SPORT
  • FOOTBALL
  • ICE HOCKEY
  • RUGBY
No Result
View All Result
softmedia
No Result
View All Result
  • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
  • BASEBALL
  • BASKETBALL
  • COLLEGE SPORT
  • FOOTBALL
  • ICE HOCKEY
  • RUGBY

James Bord update after passing EFL test to seal Sheffield Wednesday takeover

steveloxi by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
in FOOTBALL, SPORT
0
Home FOOTBALL

Sheffield Wednesday’s hopes of a takeover have seen plenty of twists and turns take place in the past 12 months, and yet another has occurred involving the club’s preferred bidder, James Bord.

The former professional poker player was granted the aforementioned status by current Owls administrators, Begbies Traynor – who are fronted by Paul Stanley, Julian Pitts and lifelong Wednesday supporter, Kris Wigfield – on Christmas Eve, ahead of other high-profile candidates such as ex-Newcastle United chairman Mike Ashley, American businessman John McEvoy and former Crystal Palace stakeholder, John Textor.

The Steel City side have been in administration since Friday, October 24th, after reports of an unpaid £1m tax bill to HMRC by controversial former owner, Dejphon Chansiri, saw Wednesday threatened with the distinct possibility of a winding-up petition.

It has been the strangest of seasons at Hillsborough as a result, with head coach Henrik Pedersen left with very little room to manouvre when it comes to the depth of the playing squad at his disposal, whilst the Dane has also been limited when it comes to adding much-needed new recruits in the transfer market.

A collective deduction of 18 points – firstly for entering administration and then allegations of further financial breaches – have left the Owls on minus points for some time, and they are set to have the quickest-ever relegation in Championship history as a result.

Whilst talk of Bord taking over the ownership reigns at Hillsborough have rumbled on for some time, there was initial hope that he would be the right figure to help steer the League One-bound club into a positive, new era.

However, whilst fresh reports have plunged such beliefs, and the possibility of a takeover on his part full-stop, into jeopardy, he still remains confident that his consortium will pull through the EFL’s Owners and Directors Test.

James Bord is still confident of becoming the next owner of Sheffield Wednesday despite fresh controversy

It has been reported that the bid submitted by the consortium made up of Bord, Felix Romer and Alsharif Faisal Bin Jamil was worth up to £32.5m, with the man who had previously advised cross-city rivals, Sheffield United and their ownership group, COH Sports, on an AI-based transfer model leading such plans.

Bord also currently has shares in Córdoba CF, who are seventh in the Spanish Segunda División, as well as Bulgarian outfit, Septemvri Sofia – all whilst also owning Scottish Championship side, Dunfermline Athletic.

With the founder of Short Circuit Science making his money in the sector of gambling and crypto-gambling, a report emerged on January 30th from the Guardian stating that his takeover of the Owls was plunged into doubt as the EFL take extra caution over assessing whether Bord is fit for purpose when it comes to running the second tier’s crisis club after its previous years of uncertainty under Chansiri.

With the EFL said to be working in conjunction with the FA over said process, it was revealed that Bord and Roemer put forward a claim that the bid was privately funded, and the cash fronted up was made through technological and analytical means.

Such feelings of confidence on Bord’s part have failed to diminish, even though a fresh report from the Times has revealed that the Stanmore-born man is at the forefront of a major legal dispute with former business partner, Jonathan Cohen, who is suing the Owls’ prospective owner over a multitude of instances linking back to the Canadian’s investment in Córdoba back in 2024.

It has since been reported by the Daily Mail that Bord’s consortium have now provided the newly-formed Independent Football Regulator with several documents that detail the finances associated to those in the business, as they are all based in non-UK territories.

A non-refundable £2.5m deposit to ensure the day-to-day running of the Owls has also been submitted, whilst talk of the deal collapsing has also been quashed for the meantime.

Sheffield Wednesday supporters will hope clarity is provided on takeover as soon as possible

At this stage, Owls supporters will be hoping the takeover situation is resolved as soon as possible, allowing the club to become a competitive force in League One next season.

Pedersen has also pleaded that whoever takes ownership of the club must invest in new facilities at their Middlewood Road training ground, as the current pitches do not allow for his players to practice his style and methods sufficiently.

With Wednesday’s on-pitch fate already sealed, it will be takeover news continuing to dominate headlines in S6 for the forseeable future unless a swift resolution is found.

Previous Post

John Eustace opens up over referee treatment of Derby County star forward

Next Post

Southampton set to enter the Championship play-off spots this weekend as Nathan Jones returns to St Mary’s for the first time since his dismal stint in 2022/23

steveloxi

steveloxi

Related Posts

Bristol Rovers boss Steve Evans speaks on the importance of the fans at The Memorial Stadium
FOOTBALL

Bristol Rovers boss Steve Evans speaks on the importance of the fans at The Memorial Stadium

by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
Stunning Southampton breakout midfielder that is changing everything for Tonda Eckert
FOOTBALL

Stunning Southampton breakout midfielder that is changing everything for Tonda Eckert

by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
Southampton set to enter the Championship play-off spots this weekend as Nathan Jones returns to St Mary’s for the first time since his dismal stint in 2022/23
FOOTBALL

Southampton set to enter the Championship play-off spots this weekend as Nathan Jones returns to St Mary’s for the first time since his dismal stint in 2022/23

by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
John Eustace opens up over referee treatment of Derby County star forward
FOOTBALL

John Eustace opens up over referee treatment of Derby County star forward

by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
Canberra Raiders have confirmed they are handing the halfback keys to 22-year-old in Round One
RUGBY

Canberra Raiders have confirmed they are handing the halfback keys to 22-year-old in Round One

by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
Sydney Roosters and Melbourne Storm face major challenges with key injuries ahead of the new campaign
RUGBY

Sydney Roosters and Melbourne Storm face major challenges with key injuries ahead of the new campaign

by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
Head Coach Ryan Carr Explains Double Castleford Tigers Signing and Gives Injury Update
RUGBY

Head Coach Ryan Carr Explains Double Castleford Tigers Signing and Gives Injury Update

by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
Veteran 37-year-old Sydney Roosters star awarded life membership for the positive impact on the club in the modern era
RUGBY

Veteran 37-year-old Sydney Roosters star awarded life membership for the positive impact on the club in the modern era

by steveloxi
February 20, 2026
Load More
Next Post
Southampton set to enter the Championship play-off spots this weekend as Nathan Jones returns to St Mary’s for the first time since his dismal stint in 2022/23

Southampton set to enter the Championship play-off spots this weekend as Nathan Jones returns to St Mary’s for the first time since his dismal stint in 2022/23

Discussion about this post

Recent Posts

  • Bristol Rovers boss Steve Evans speaks on the importance of the fans at The Memorial Stadium
  • Stunning Southampton breakout midfielder that is changing everything for Tonda Eckert
  • Southampton set to enter the Championship play-off spots this weekend as Nathan Jones returns to St Mary’s for the first time since his dismal stint in 2022/23
  • James Bord update after passing EFL test to seal Sheffield Wednesday takeover
  • John Eustace opens up over referee treatment of Derby County star forward

FOOTBALL

Popular Post

    About Us

    SOFTMEDIA

    We hope you enjoy our NEWS, SPORTS, CELEBRITY as much as we enjoy offering them to you.

    I will keep posting more important posts on my Website for all of you. Please give your support and love.

    Category

    • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
    • BASEBALL
    • BASKETBALL
    • COLLEGE SPORT
    • FOOTBALL
    • ICE HOCKEY
    • NEWS
    • RUGBY
    • SPORT
    • Uncategorized

    Softmedia | Copyright © 2022-2024

    No Result
    View All Result
    • AMERICAN FOOTBALL
    • BASEBALL
    • BASKETBALL
    • COLLEGE SPORT
    • FOOTBALL
    • ICE HOCKEY
    • RUGBY

    Softmedia | Copyright © 2022-2024